Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Canoe Trip

On July 30th - 31st a couple cronies and I went on a camping trip to Prairie Du Sac just West of Madison. The original plan was to canoe the Wisconsin River all day Saturday, camp on a sandbar overnight and then canoe some more Sunday morning. That did not work out due to the heavy rain and the massive amount of water pouring through the dam. Oh well - plan B... instead we camped at a VFW campground and did a day trip only. I enjoyed myself but I have to admit that I was a bit on edge having my camera in a canoe... that could tip over at any time... which actually happened to others in our group. Reaching out of your canoe for a beer that is floating down stream is never a smart idea. Anyhow - the following are a few shots that I liked from the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment