Monday, March 14, 2011

...14 hours later

So this year hasn't exactly gone the way I would have liked in terms of photography so far. I began by attempting to keep up with Project 52 and shooting an assignment per week but that just proved to be too much with all I have going on in life right now. I had fooled around with my lighting before but had just been out of inspiration on what to shoot. I've been itching to shoot on white seamless for quite some time, but just don't have the room for it. So, there my camera sat...

In comes David E. Jackson with his Breaking The Rules workshop. This workshop essentially taught me that I need to shoot, and shoot some more... and then, shoot more. Not only shoot, but THINK about what I'm shooting and to innovate and shoot in unexpected places. It was great to meet such kind souls during this workshop. Below are some shots I took throughout the day. They certainly aren't perfect... I underexposed, I overexposed, I cut off elbows, I cut off fingers, but I left inspired and rejuvenated. Also, Zack Arias is right about the 50mm 1.8 - it really does look like butt on the white seamless. It left me with a blue/purple haze on all photos forcing me into a high contrast black and white. Yet another lesson learned!





3 comments:

  1. I love your images!! The middle one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's rad you used the label "rad" in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hope is that this post now shows up number 2 in google searches behind the 1980's bmx movie

    ReplyDelete