Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sometimes

So yesterday was the lovely Jessica's birthday. We celebrated in grand fashion by attending a concert in Chicago. We went to see City & Colour, again. You see, back in my headbanging days I fell deeply in love with a band called Alexisonfire. They scream a lot. However, there were these ridiculously lovely contrasting vocals to all of the screaming - that's where Dallas Green comes in, the man behind those vocals. This is his solo project. I've seen Alexisonfire three times and met Dallas at two of the shows. As you can see by photo number one below, he was extremely excited to be meeting me as well (ignore my sleazy look by the way, I just got out of a mosh pit people). Story goes... tiny venue in Chicago and my friends and I hang back to meet the band. Dallas is on stage packing up as we stand there hoping to get a picture. I ask, "Hey Dallas, can we get a picture?" Dallas says, "Sure, no problem."... a couple minutes go by and he continues packing. So I say, "Hey Dallas - picture?" and get a very disdained response of, "Yeah, give me a minute... *bleep*". Needless to say I was a bit excited to have the chance of meeting him but only ended up annoying him. Cool. Second time, Jessica and I go see Alexisonfire at The Rave. Same scenario, we hang back to meet the band. Dallas comes walking by and I reach out my hand to shake his and say hi. He stops to chat. Jessica proceeds to embarrass me by saying, "He's like your biggest fan." I respond, "Well no, I'm not your biggest fan." Face red, awkward silence... Dallas, "Well, it was nice meeting you." Looking back, it went better than the first time, right?

Anyhow, this has been our 4th time seeing City & Colour and he never disappoints. Opening acts included Daniel Romano (in the City & Colour band) and Gord Downie from The Tragically Hip. I was told that there is a strict photography policy at the venue, no DSLR's, no detachable lenses, point and shoot cameras only. Ok, bummer. We get in and how many flippin people had DSLR's??? They were everywhere, strictly enforced... We got second row and I had to shoot at ISO 800 with a Canon point & miss (thanks seppy!) Who knows how many shots I missed. Below are what I deemed worth sharing. Enjoy! AND go download all of these bands - you will not be disappointed.





No comments:

Post a Comment