Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Old Man

This is Grandpa Clark. I had the chance this past weekend to visit with him, it's been too long. I brought my gear along and wanted to get some shots. I always remember my grandpa with a cigarette in hand sitting by his desk in the garage, tinkering on and off with whatever car happened to be in there. I wanted to capture that. One light to work with and an impatient model... Grandpa says to me, "Hey Mikey, do you remember when I used to blow flames past your head?" *Laughs* "Do you want a picture of that??" In my early teens I spent most every afternoon at grandpas garage. He liked to sneak up behind me and blow a butane flame past my head and scare the eff out of me. So I agreed, good idea!

I'm happy with how they turned out - I did a bit more experimentation with post processing on these images... too much? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!




1 comment:

  1. I love it man! When I see these pictures it just reminds me of the great old school mechanics. And I see a lot of wisdom In grandpa clark. You can just see it in his eyes. The flames look amazing as well! These pictures could definetly be in a magazine! Great job clark!

    ReplyDelete